Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Lattice software platform integrates together many sensors into a single cohesive view of the world, providing needed context for our users. Software engineers at Anduril build the systems that run on our autonomous assets, the networking and backend services that integrate large amounts of sensor data, and the user interfaces that display that data in real time.
We believe in having as little separation between engineers and our users as well as between engineering teams. As a Software Engineer, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as our customers!
We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale - so being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
About the Role
Anduril’s Storage team is a small but critical set of people responsible for the storage systems backing the entire Lattice platform. With rapidly growing customer deployments, the team continues to scale the storage infrastructure and maintain reliability and observability of the system. The team is responsible for ensuring we have sufficient monitoring and tooling in place to detect and remediate issues before our users are impacted.
We’re looking for someone with a strong background or interest in storage systems. We’d love to hear from you, whether you’re a seasoned systems developer or you’ve just discovered an interest in working with databases.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, develop, and support the core database infrastructure used by Anduril’s platform engineers and users
- Solve complicated problems that only exist at high scale
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack, build tooling as needed, and implement the solution
- Use a metrics driven approach to identify and root cause performance and scalability bottlenecks in the system
- Plan for the growth of Anduril’s database platform infrastructure
- Develop subject matter expertise in open source technologies and contribute to open source projects
- Prior engineering experience from the industry, along with academic pursuits & studies in the areas of: Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, and distributed data systems
- A desire to work on software and applications that have real-world impact
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Experience in large scale distributed systems, transactions and consistency models
- Experience working with and maintaining distributed key value stores like FoundationDB
- Experience working with and contributing to open source projects
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!