Software Engineer, Backend
FabFitFun is seeking highly experienced Software Engineers to join our team. This engineer will have the opportunity to mentor, receive mentoring from our Senior Staff and work on complex technical problems. We’re hiring engineers for a number of teams including:
FFF Style: FFF Style is a fashion concierge service that indulges our customers with a highly personalized styling service based in fit, price and lifestyle preferences. Engineers on this team will have the opportunity to work on the entire FFF Style from end to end including customer website, stylist portal, order and inventory management as well integrations with our WMS systems.
Engagement & Loyalty: Our Engagement team works on our very active Community page as well as new development on FFFTV, our video streaming platform. Loyalty is working on building gamified activities for our subscribers complete with loyalty points!
Growth: Our growth team is responsible for creating a custom-built AB testing platform as well as performing constant growth experiments to generate more traffic to FFF!
Box & Member Experience: The Box & Member Experience team is responsible for anything related to our logged-in customer experience. They are dealing with the highest amount of consumer scale on our website and are currently porting our monolithic application into microservices.
What We’re Like:
- A collaborative learning culture: we work as a team to figure out solutions to the technological challenges of the day
- We focus on improving our customer’s experience every day, all the while taking the time necessary to make sure we do things the best we can
- We celebrate innovation and want every member at FFF to have the power to experiment and find novel, effective solutions
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with product managers, architects, and engineering to effectively design and develop our backend platforms
- Help define development standards, procedures, and guidelines to improve the overall development process
- Design and develop clean, maintainable, and performant software
What You'll Bring:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Intermediate (or better) knowledge of Java programming language concepts, Java EE, and SQL
- 2+ years of experience creating scalable object-oriented RESTful web services and applications in Java or PHP
- Understanding of software architecture, Linux systems, design patterns and relational databases
- Familiarity working in Test-Driven development and an Agile environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Bonus Points if you have:
- Relevant e-commerce and/or subscription experience
- Experience working with distributed teams
What You'll Get:
- A supportive, learning environment where we invest in you and your career
- An opportunity to solve high-scale technical challenges
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store