At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
GoGuardian's Engineering team is growing, and we're looking for a Software Engineer, Backend to join our team.
What You'll Do
- Design, build, and continually improve our products that support millions of students and educators every day
- Work on production code and build rich feature sets that solve the complex problems in education
- Write high-quality maintainable code that is well-documented with good test coverage
- Contribute to the full software development lifecycle
- Work with and learn a variety of technologies, languages, and frameworks, such as Golang, React, Terraform, AWS/GCP, Docker, Linux, Typescript, MySQL
- Join an engineering team of motivated and empowered engineers helping to embody the principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration
Who You Are
- 2+ years of professional industry experience as a backend engineer
- Experience in designing and building APIs (REST, GraphQL, gRPC) and microservices
- Proficient in writing quality code in a modern programming language (e.g. Go, Python, Java, C#, C++)
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Experience or certification with Cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
- Experience with container orchestration platforms (ECS, Kubernetes)
- Working experience in SQL and NoSQL databases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
P.S. - Share this with your friends or co-workers who may be interested in working at GoGuardian! We have multiple openings and are always looking for amazing people.
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.