At GoGuardian, we’re helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we’re committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian’s growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it — always ready to experiment and learn.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
As a Backend Software Engineer at GoGuardian, you’ll help build, optimize and maintain our infrastructure and applications that support millions of students and educators every day. You will work on production code and build rich feature sets that support the complex problems in education. You’ll be a key member of our engineering team, helping to embody the principles of fluidity, critical thinking, innovation, and collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Build systems to solve new problems
- Display strong judgment in selecting methods techniques and evaluation criteria for delivering results
- Build, deploy and operate high-scale web applications
- Deliver on engineering challenges and understand existing codebases quickly
- Write high quality and maintainable code and own engineering initiatives
- Work effectively in an agile environment
- Learn and experiment with new technologies
- Effectively communicate and understand complex ideas with other engineers/non-engineers
Who You Are
- 3+ years of professional industry experience as a backend engineer in a distributed systems environment
- 1+ years experience in designing and building RESTful APIs and microservices
- Knowledge of at least one statically typed compiled language (preferably Golang)
- Experience working with web applications
- Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
- Experience with container orchestration platforms
- Familiarity with AWS and relational database concepts
- Familiarity with a variety of database concepts such as NoSQL, column-stores, and distributed databases
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.