Team and Role Overview
Relativity is looking for a talented software engineer to join the Integrated Software team. This position will help build critical infrastructure and tooling to support our 3D printers, engine development, and launch operations.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To support our mission to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, you will be working in our Integrated Software team in order to create proprietary software applications that will help monitor, control, and perform data analysis for a variety of subsystems. This means that you will be building software that can be used to operate our world class large format 3D printers, or provide reliable data pipelines and visualizations for our propulsion team as they develop 3D printed engines!
Your objectives will entail building a maintainable, decoupled micro-service driven architecture, user interfaces based on the view-controller design pattern, implementing a continuous integration pipeline, and turning prototypes into production ready systems.
You have ideally built and deployed software systems that are robust, scalable, and maintainable. At Relativity, you will be responsible for building out and maintaining software that is critical to our business. This role requires that you are able to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells. You are excited to solve complex problems to which you can offer elegant solutions.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related technical field OR 3 years of direct software development experience
- Proficient in a server-side programming language like Python or Java
- Familiarity with Node.js or another backend framework.
- Experience working with various database technologies
- Familiarity with maintenance and deployment of micro-services to the cloud
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile Development
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science or related technical field OR 5+ years of experience in software development
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience with publisher-subscriber design pattern
- Experience with time-series databases and visualization tools
- Database administration/configurations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.