Software Engineer 3, Full Stack
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
Using your knowledge of software engineering, you will define, design and develop rich user experiences around the Edmunds consumer and dealer products while balancing urgency, business processes, system quality and innovation. Breakdown technical challenges into their component parts and do your best work with a distributed team centered out of our Santa Monica office focused on empowering every Edmunds customer on their car research and shopping journey.
What you will do
- Engineer, test and deploy product features so that people can make the best decision when shopping for cars.
- You will make your team more successful by continually seeking to improve; and, recognizing we improve through feedback, you will seek opportunities for feedback throughout the organization, especially from your team.
- Build your knowledge and mentor team members by participating in code reviews.
- Build effective solutions by breaking technical challenges into their component parts and delivering a product improving your users lives, tested to protect your business and instrumented for when things go wrong.
- Employ a flexible approach to engineering solutions: you understand the pros and cons of both object oriented programming and functional programming, and when to use each.
What you will need
- Strong programming, problem-solving, computer science fundamentals, teamwork, client-side development skills and a fascination with technology.
- A passion for learning: You will not be restricted in what problems will be addressed by your pre-existing mix of skill-sets. Our stack is constantly evolving.
- An engineering mind: You apply math, process, experience and imagination to the invention, improvement and maintenance of robust and scalable systems that delight your users.
- A focus on communication: You know that the best solutions require constructively and persuasively expressing ideas amongst people with diverse interests and have the confidence to bring your experience to the arena.
Why would you want this job?
- You’ll get to participate in Web application development from client side through to server side.
- This is an opportunity to work with relevant technologies such as React, Redux, Node, AWS, and MongoDB among others in a CI/CD environment.
- You’ll get to work with nifty tools built by your talented engineering effectiveness team.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with your own talented engineering team and influence the direction of your product’s development.
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.