Software Development Engineer in Test
FloQast is seeking a software engineer to join our Quality Engineering team. This person will help build a unified test automation infrastructure and tools to ensure efficient end-to-end, component, integration, and unit test coverage.
The position requires a strong testing background with the ability to put software through its paces using various testing techniques. The candidate will be required to communicate defect findings to software developers and work closely with product managers to understand and translate requirements. The candidate must be a strong communicator, self-motivated, organized, and thorough with attention to detail.
You must be passionate about test automation and understand that test automation is a software project and is subject to the same disciplines of execution as any other software engineering projects.
*On-site applicants only - remote developers will not be considered for this position *Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
- Review user stories, acceptance criteria, specifications and other available information in order to develop test plans and cases
- Assist in building the testing framework to simulate user scenarios using modern platforms and technologies
- Execute test cases and write defects as issues are identified and provide recommendations to aid software development bug resolution
- Educate, work closely with, and provide tooling to software developers to test
- Work with team members to proactively identify, communicate and resolve issues and risks that impact quality of the deliverables
- Ability to develop detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Ability to use and run automated tests and to report the results
- Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Ability to use version control systems such as GitHub
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI
- Knowledge of database systems preferably MongoDB
- 2-5 years of Software Quality Engineering experience
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Start-up experience is a plus
Why join FloQast? www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast growing, Los Angeles-based, early-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success is fueled by a passion to define and dominate the Close Management Software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast for years and the response to our solution has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees. Check out what people are saying on Glassdoor
- We are moving quickly and there is huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Ranked 11th on the 2018 Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal
- FloQast ranked on The SaaS 1000