About the Software Development Engineer in Test - Cypress :
At Scorpion, we are looking for a dedicated Software Development Engineer in Test to maximize the value and effectiveness of our software teams by bringing modern, innovative testing techniques and tools to our solutions. We need an experienced quality engineering professional who embraces collaborative, agile testing processes and focuses on enabling whole-team ownership of quality.
This role requires working with project leaders and contributors to define test automation strategy and drive implementation on high profile projects. Successful candidates can evaluate the latest tools and automation frameworks and extend them appropriately.
- Perform all aspects of automated front and back end testing for the software team.
- Perform manual testing.
- Develop a detailed testing approach and plans for specific test areas or overall plans for small to medium size projects.
- Produce status reports and quality metrics.
- Facilitate defect triage and manage the overall defect resolution process.
- Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage.
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end) on all variety of platforms (e.g. mobile, web, portal frameworks).
- Assist the project team in determining appropriate quality goals and acceptance criteria.
- Must be proficient in Typescript
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in the Software QE (or related) field, with at least 1-2 years of experience creating and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Must have experience in all phases of the software and testing life cycle, inception through deployment
- Strong functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
- Must be proficient with SQL
- Mixed experience in various QE-related roles such as:
- Performance Test Engineer
- Mobile, web, and API testing
- Experience in test-framework development
- Knowledgeable of Cypress, specifically web and API highly desirable
- Must have experience building test automation frameworks, and scripts
- Plus: Experience with C# and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) with Cucumber and Gherkin
- Plus: Azure DevOps test suites
Read Full Job Description