Software Developer - Scheduling & Calendar Team
At Dubsado, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses by providing ever-evolving software and putting the customer first in all we do. You’ll be joining a self-funded company that values world-class customer service and education as much as we value designing and developing quality software.
Dubsado is a business management platform with a suite of tools designed to help business owners manage their projects and clients all in one place. From contracts and invoicing to scheduling and automated workflows, Dubsado is on a mission to be the go-to all-in-one solution for managing small businesses in creative industries and beyond.
Our customer obsession drives us to anticipate our users’ needs and exceed their expectations. The development team supports this mission by writing performant and maintainable code with an agile approach. We value simplicity, efficiency, reliability, and scalability so that we can create strong foundations for our ever-evolving software while enabling all of our developers to collaborate effectively.
About the role
As our next scheduler team developer, you’ll work closely with a cross-functional team of developers, product designers, and product managers to bring new features and updates to life. Your work will have a direct impact on improving the lives and productivity of small business owners in a wide variety of industries all over the globe. Business owners and their teams rely on us to manage their customers, send and receive emails, invoice and process payments and much more, meaning that uptime and stable code is extremely important to us.
We are seeking an experienced web developer who has deployed production code from the backend to the front end and everything in between. We are looking for someone who is willing and able to apply their creativity to come up with effective long term solutions for the area of the application they will be taking ownership over. This person should be familiar with various microservice and data processing architectures and be a life long learner who’s able to prioritize productivity in combination with coming up with good clean solutions.
This person will be required to identify pain points within the code’s architecture and come up with high level plans to iterate and refactor their way into stable solutions which match with the code style and best practices set in cross team guilds. This person will report to the CTO as we grow this position into a full team of scheduler developers.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Creative prototypes according to specifications creating ideas and trying out different things inside safe sandbox areas prior to bringing them into production
- Write high quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines
- for example to be able to utilize Typescript, functional design patterns, and test driven development to maximize output and safety during feature development
- Troubleshoot and debug issues as they come in from the support team
- Evaluate existing code to refactor, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code
- Proven experience as software developer
- Experience in designing and building applications
- Ability to program in NodeJs (or similarly willing to learn it if you have a different background)
- In-depth knowledge of programming, systems design, and tools used to improve developer workflow
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
What to Expect
We have an application process that we follow. After submitting the application along with your resume and references, our hiring team gets to work! They review applications based on a rubric made specifically for this role. If you do not meet the requirements of the position, our team will email you letting you know. If you do meet the requirements, someone from the team will reach out and schedule an introduction call. During that call you will receive more information on how the interview process for that role will progress, as each role’s process can vary.
Applying for a new job is a big step! We are honored that you are interested in joining our incredible team. That being said, we work hard to keep you informed and not left hanging through any point of the hiring process. Either way, we will reach out to you. If you have questions, we are always here to help!