Simulation Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented Vehicle Simulation Engineer to help achieve our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket. The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical excellence in developing aerospace vehicle simulations. This position is ideal for multidisciplinary engineers looking to make a broad impact in a small, high-performance team.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Your mission in this role is to develop simulations of launch vehicle systems. On a day to day, you will interface with various subject matter experts to simulate launch vehicle components and systems to inform and manage the performance of Terran 1. You will also participate in performance trade studies of our launch vehicle.
Projects and responsibilities could include any or all of the following:
- Create new and adapt existing models, simulations, and analyses to conduct studies to support the design of the Terran 1 rocket.
- Partner with GNC, dynamics, propulsion, and design engineers to trade system-level requirements and performance budgets using vehicle level simulations.
- Develop simulation tool and infrastructure.
- Support data analysis and verification activities to anchor models.
- Work with software engineers to build automation tools.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead projects to completion. You have demonstrated ability to develop tools and processes to accelerate engineering design for complex projects. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced engineering environment, having completed difficult hands-on projects across hardware and software while collaborating effectively with a broad technical team.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, or related field at least 3+ years relevant experience
- 5+ years of software development experience using languages such as C++ and Python
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and optimization techniques for vehicle design
- Experience solving complex problems with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills, programming languages, and applications quickly
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering, computer science, or related field
- Space vehicle GNC, thermal, fluids, or dynamics simulation experience
- Hands-on experience in the design, integration, test, and operation of space vehicles
- Experience in taking an aerospace product from concept to production
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.