Senior Systems & Network Engineer at Convoso (Greater LA Area, CA)
Who We Are:
Convoso is a leading provider of omnichannel contact center software. The company was founded on innovation and continues to push boundaries in our industry.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, the company has employees around the globe working both hybrid and remote. The company culture fosters team integrity, positive persistence, and continuous growth. (A heads up - we were awarded as Built In LA’s Best Places to Work in 2020, 2021 and 2022!)
With Convoso, the future is bright as we continue to evolve our technology.
The company’s foundational product provides the most powerful contact center software available for outbound teams. However, we are expanding our reach by relaunching an advanced version of our conversational AI product. The enhanced capabilities of our Intelligent Virtual Agent (IVA) gives our customers a competitive edge and streamlined productivity by dramatically reducing repetitive tasks. This future forward technology will allow Convoso to grow into new markets across hundreds of use cases.
Convoso is looking for people who are excited about technology and the fast growing, innovative field of IVA and AI. We are a company of motivated team players driving accelerated growth in a supportive, positive culture. We celebrate a diversity of people, ideas, and backgrounds that contribute to one shared community.
Most roles at Convoso function as “hybrid” with some opportunities for travel to in-person business events and company meetings. For remote positions, Convoso’s U.S. hiring is open to candidates who are residents of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, NC, NJ, NV, OH,TX, UT, PA.
At Convoso, we’re constantly, vigilantly looking for ways to reshape the future of lead generation contact centers. Our mission is to revolutionize the call center industry by empowering agents to convert leads faster. That’s where you come in.
We are looking for … Systems and Network Engineer who will be responsible for assessing, designing, upgrading, and maintaining systems as well as brainstorming possible improvements that can be made to a system in the future.
Stepping into this very challenging role will mean stepping into a dynamic environment. There’ll be a steep learning curve, but we believe the future belongs to those who build it. Therefore, success for you would mean reaching your full potential in a short period of time, while doing whatever it takes to get up to speed. Success would mean having a strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design, plan and deploy network communications systems.
- Manages and monitors installed systems, Networks, and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines or SOP (standard operating procedure).
- Defines customers’ needs and functionality in a service development cycle.
- Provide and communicate the best practices and specific detailed information for network hardware and software selection, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Provide documentation as required to ensure accurate and current information is available for each site network.
- Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation including network hardware and software selection, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Network discovery; documenting of network layers, protocols, flows and adjacencies.
- Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Implements warranty and support activities.
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction to support staff.
- Plans and implements system automation as required for better efficiency.
- Oversees the development of customized software and hardware requirements.
- Willing to stay up-to-date with security best practices and drive implementation accordingly
- Collaborates with other professionals to ensure high-quality deliverables within organization guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Run diagnostics to resolve customer-reported issues
- Deals with work process, optimization methods, and risk management tools in the given projects for successful accomplishments according to the requirements of the stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- Minimum 3 years experience configuring enterprise-level network Linux systems, or equivalent devices with strong domain knowledge.
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, VLANs, anycast, BGP, firewalls)
- Strong troubleshooting skill in different network layers, esp. layer 2 & layer 3 up to layer 7
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Haproxy or Envoy/Varnish…)
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, KVM/QEmu, Proxmox clusters…)
- Experience with monitoring systems (Prometheus, Zabbix, …)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef, Ansible or Salt)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl / Ruby / Python); Golang a plus
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux-based environments.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills both spoken & written
- Can diagnose protocol issues using packet analyzers like Wireshark etc.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts with availability to work overtime
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Work Perks Worth The Hype:
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- 100% covered premiums for employees; Medical, Dental, Basic life insurance, Long term disability
- Affordable Vision plan and optional FSA
- PTO, Paid Sick Time, Holidays, Bereavement time, Parental Leave
- Your birthday off
- 401k program with generous company match
- No cost Employee Assistance Program and Travel Assistance
- Monthly Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly credits toward food & beverage
- Leadership Development Program
- Company Outings
- On and offsite team building events
- Paid training for departments
- Apple laptop (most roles)
- And a team of highly experienced and kind colleagues!
- Casual office environment & dress
- Daily catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen (Dietary restriction-friendly)
- Happy Hours
- Monthly Massages
- On-site Car Wash
- Free Parking