It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
Cloud Infrastructure ensures essential operation of all systems supporting Blackline Services. A successful candidate must possess solid critical thinking skills and have experience supporting large server farms, 24x7 high availability mission-critical traffic-intensive web infrastructures and be familiar with commonly used server, backup, storage, and virtualization technologies, Microsoft-centric services and applications, performance and health management tools. Large SaaS and Public Cloud experience is very desirable.
You’ll Get To:
- Ensure 99.99%+ availability of the services and infrastructure that spans across multiple global datacenters in private and public clouds.
- Perform systems evaluation, design, build, deployment and configuration of NAS (NetApp Ontap and Cloud Volumes Ontap), SAN (Silk), Storage Networking (Cisco/Brocade), Compute (UCS) and Virtualization (VMWare) technologies.
- Build systems and perform necessary tasks to deliver against committed project timelines.
- Desire to automate everything.
- Maintain documentation and operational knowledge base.
- Adhere to the change management and other established processes and procedures.
- Respond to and troubleshoot incidents. Conduct root cause analyses.
- Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Participate in a scheduled 24/7 on-call rotation for second tier support escalations.
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years experience designing, deploying, and managing Enterprise SAN, NAS, FC, Virtualization and Compute infrastructure.
- Strong experience in deploying and managing VMware (vSphere, vCenter, ESXi/ESX, etc.) or similar technologies.
- Strong knowledge deploying and configuring secure SAN and NAS solutions, including NetApp, Kaminario and others.
- Experience in hybrid cloud and/or multi-cloud environments (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Considerable Knowledge of backup system architecture including CommVault, Snapshots and Replication.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences of various levels and backgrounds, both verbally and in written form.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Version control (GIT, BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.