At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
Our Engineering Values:
GoodRx engineers put our customers first and have a deep sense of ownership of our products and services from design, to implementation and throughout ongoing operations. We believe “it can be done” and succeed through continuous learning. GoodRx engineers balance craftsmanship and speed-to-market employing unit testing, end-to-end automation, and service telemetry to enable safe and fast product delivery, system visibility and ease of operations. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly turn ideas into production-ready solutions in a fast-paced and friendly environment. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for development and maintenance of mission critical services and APIs which power multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx. In this role you will be involved in the design, implementation, and deployment of both new and existing services. You will work as part of cross-functional squad comprised of product management, data analysts and other software engineers. You will also collaborate with other engineering, business operations, and marketing teams across GoodRx. While much of your work will be on backend services there are opportunities for frontend work too.
GoodRx engineers put our customers first and have a deep sense of ownership of our products and services from design, to implementation and throughout ongoing operations. We believe “it can be done” and succeed through continuous learning. GoodRx engineers balance craftsmanship and speed-to-market employing unit testing, end-to-end automation, and service telemetry to enable safe and fast product delivery, system visibility and ease of operations.
- Be a team player, mentor, teach, collaborate, and learn from those around you
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Continually improve the codebase and test coverage through refactoring, unit testing, system testing, automating deployment and operations
- Maintain an understanding of the business requirements and work closely with stakeholders to understand what they need and why
- Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
- Help improve engineering standards and processes
- Bring an agile, iterative, and curious mindset to every challenge
- Be a subject matter expert who others both in your squad and beyond will turn to
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional experience working as an engineer
- Significant experience designing, building, deploying, operating, and maintaining cloud-based web services and microservices (AWS experience preferred)
- Extensive experience with Go and/or Python.
- Strong experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
- Experience with containers, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Hands on exposure with serverless technologies (Lambdas)
- Experience with log shipping, distributed tracing tools, and service monitoring systems (Datadog, Sumo Logic, Cloudwatch, Sentry, etc…)
- Knowledge of front end development (React or other) is beneficial
- Proven debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Deep understanding and knowledge of component-level and application-level design patterns
- Several years of experience with agile methodologies and rapid iteration cycles
- Habits which exhibit the best practices of agile quality and testing methods (TDD, BDD, Unit Testing and Automation, iterative development)
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and complex project requirements
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Strong Linux fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related quantitative degree
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.