Senior Software Engineer
FabFitFun is one of the best places to work and its amazing success (nearly 2 million members) has been achieved due to our incredible employees, dedicated leadership, inclusive corporate culture, and career growth opportunities. Guided by our company values, FFF seeks to maintain a work culture that encourages innovation, rewards creativity, values teamwork, and supports inclusion and equity. The company endeavors to foster confidence, effectiveness, and success for all employees who work with these values every day.
FabFitFun delivers the season’s best beauty, fashion, fitness, and lifestyle products straight to your doorstep. Our mission is to “deliver happiness and well-being to everyone, everywhere". The FabFitFun subscription box is a quarterly, custom curated box with a vast scope of member benefits, including an engaged community, exclusive sales, and more.
FabFitFun is seeking highly experienced Senior Software Engineers to join our team. This engineer will have the opportunity to mentor our less experienced engineers and work on complex technical problems. We’re hiring engineers for a number of our teams to support our extensive product roadmap.
What We’re Like
- A collaborative learning culture: we work as a team to figure out solutions to the technological challenges of the day
- We focus on improving our customer’s experience everyday, how we do that, all the while taking the time necessary to make sure we do things the best we can
- We celebrate innovation and want every member at FFF to have the power to experiment and find novel, effective solutions
What You’ll Do
- Develop reliable, scalable and maintainable backend and RESTful services for our different internal software stacks (Java / DropWizard, PHP / CakePHP)
- Leverage caching and asynchronous processing to optimize performances
- Work closely with product managers, architects, and engineering to effectively design and develop our backend platforms.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum meetings, standup, sprint planning and costing.
- Help define development standards, procedures, and guidelines to improve the overall development process
- Mentor less experienced developers
What You’ll Need
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Expert (or better) knowledge of Java programming language concepts, Java EE and SQL
- 3-5 years of experience creating scalable object-oriented RESTful web services and applications in Java or PHP
- Strong understanding of software architecture, Linux systems, design patterns and relational databases
- Familiarity working in Test-Driven Development and an Agile environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- E-commerce or subscription business experience
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with Python
What You'll Get:
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and pet insurance
- 401K match program
- Open/Flexible PTO policy - we trust our employees to manage their time!
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly work from home stipend while the company is temporarily remote
- Donation matching program
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in our e-commerce Add-Ons store