Tapcart makes mobile shopping easy, fun and attainable for every brand.
We are inspired by the future of mobile. We work to inspire that future.
As the market leader in mobile commerce, we focus on providing great experiences for our merchants and for mobile shoppers worldwide. Our platform powers the mobile apps of some of the largest shopping brands, including Fashion Nova, Pier 1, Chubbies, Brandy Melville, and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by thousands of brands to launch and manage their mobile apps. We have been featured at Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll be an essential part of our product and brand experience. You will work closely with our backend, design, and operations teams to build products that scale massively, look fantastic and engage millions of end-users.
You’ll be researching and building world-class technology using React, GraphQL, and advanced animation libraries. Your frontends will be masterpieces, everywhere from an 8 core MacBook Pro on a fiber connection to a burner phone on 3G.
What we're looking for:
- At least 4 years of professional Front-end development experience
- 3+ Years of Experience in React including state management, animations, and Webpack
- Awareness of performance considerations such as cross-browser compatibility, components, SCSS and Styled Components, and load-time optimizations
- Experience collaborating and mentoring teammates
What you will be doing:
- Working on our Mobile Web Storefront: 80% of the internet is on mobile. Our vision is to consume that traffic and build a native-esque storefront that billions of consumers use to shop every day
- Building our Customer platform: This platform is used by our customers to launch and manage their native apps in real-time. Our vision is to build a robust dashboard that makes creating and managing apps easy, attainable, and fun for every brand
- Working on our Analytics dashboard: Our dashboard provides real-time analytics on mobile and brand performance through meaningful data visualizations. Our goal is to be one of the five dashboards always open on our customer's browsers every day
Teamwork First: Our product and innovation are a reflection of our team and culture. We care about results, but not at the expense of the team.
Be your own customer: We think like a customer and set high standards for ourselves. We want to build things we would use and we empathize with the customer to bring their ideas to life.
Think big. Plan Big. Execute big: We have an appetite for big ideas that move the team and company closer to our mission. We plan accordingly and believe that big ideas require big execution.
Transparency & Clarity: We believe ideas, feelings, and information are never hidden. We are prepared to give and receive constructive feedback in order to grow our team and company.
Bring your 'A' Game: We believe when we set a high bar for our work, seek feedback from others, and iterate on our process we can achieve whatever we set out to do.
Benefits & Perks:
Top tier health care, dental, and vision plans
Flextime off - we encourage everyone to relax, refresh and come back energized
Ergonomic desk setups at the office
Stocked snacks and weekly lunches at the office
If you are thinking twice about applying:
We don’t expect you to be an expert at everything. Extensive on-the-job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Tapcart Perks & Benefits
· Excellent growth opportunity, 401k, and stock options for all full-time employees
· Medical (75% covered by Tapcart; 50% for dependents) - eligible 1st of month
· Dental and vision (100% covered by Tapcart; 50% for dependents) - eligible immediately
· Unlimited PTO and 10 paid company holidays
· Brand new MacBook Pro and home office setup
· Catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and company wide offsite events
· A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
· We pride ourselves in having a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness, and passion.
Who is Tapcart!?
We are growing startup located in Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us – we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Why join us?
We are on a rocket ship and just raised our Series B for 50M in June 2021: https://tcrn.ch/3dn2RiV
We raised our Series A for 10M in May 2020: builtinla.com/2020/05/19/tapcart-raises-10m-series-a-hiring
Check out what our customers are saying: https://apps.shopify.com/shopify-mobile-apps/reviews?page=4
Our current openings: https://tapcart.com/careers
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our Careers page.