Senior Software Engineer (Python)
System1 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Python) to design, build, operate, debug, and optimize sophisticated distributed systems with a growing team of talented engineers. In this role, you will manipulate and leverage datasets to extract valuable insights coming from millions of user requests. The ideal person will not only be an expert software developer but also a collaborative team player with infectious energy and a desire to communicate your ideas respectfully to colleagues.
- Build, operate, and optimize large distributed systems
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets
- Serve as Tech lead for a key backend team within the Venice engineering group
- 4+ years of experience in a Python development environment required
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent, Master's degree a plus
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud
- Comfortable writing large-scale, high performance code
- Good diagnostic and debugging skills
- Must be familiar with the backend aspect of serving technologies
- Be able to prioritize end to end, debug, be familiar with user tracking, cookie management, web crawling technologies, bug detection, and traffic quality
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Competitive Relocation Package
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.
Read Full Job Description