BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive, but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
DARE TO DISRUPT | INSPIRE INNOVATION
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our platform consists primarily of a thoughtfully crafted Elixir/OTP application, encapsulating all our business logic and enabling innovation and iteration around our products. We are looking for highly proficient software engineers who are passionate about creating elegant solutions to complicated problems.
As a Platform Operations Engineer at Boulevard you will help solve unique engineering challenges our internal teams face while also crafting solutions to enable our customers to use our platform effectively. You'll have a direct impact on making our processes more efficient and will work directly with our Director of Engineering to define the requirements necessary for a variety of projects. We pride ourselves on using the best technology for the job, maintaining high code quality while iterating with extreme speed, and sharing learnings along the way (both internally and externally).
What you’ll do here
- Collaborate across various departments to create innovative solutions for internal tooling, customer billing/license management, enterprise system integrations, and team efficiency
- Own projects directly with the Director of Engineering from design, through development, to production
- Create automated support approval workflows to remove process bottlenecks
- Develop solutions to make client migration onto our platform a breeze
- Have a hand in developing API’s that are a natural backend piece for a variety of internal and customer facing projects
- Quickly distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks and designs
- Be a mentor to more junior engineers, conducting code reviews and lending a helping hand on tickets when necessary, while also iterating quickly
- Write clean, readable, performant, secure, and documented code
- Measure and monitor systems to make data-driven decisions; build dashboards for important metrics.
- Build and contribute to open source projects
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Experience: Have at least 5 years of functional programming experience as an engineer (Must have experience with functional languages like Elixir or Erlang)
- CS Foundations: Strong knowledge of computer science principles
- Flexibility: Experience in handling multiple deadlines for various projects from internal tooling to feature development in a fast-moving team environment
- Diving Deep: A generalist background and the ability to “go deep” anywhere in the stack
- Pride In Your work: Pride for the work you do and care deeply about the products which consume your services
- Effective Solution Building: Desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved
- A Team Player Mentality: Working in highly performant and collaborative teams
- Design Appreciation: Strong appreciation for good design
- Mentor and Mentee: Smarts, humility, communication skills, and equal willingness to teach and learn
- BONUS POINTS for extensive full stack experience in creating front-end interfaces or architecting server infrastructure | Loving data and having implemented data stores | Built, documented, and monitored a public API platform | Experience building PCI and HIPAA compliant systems | You maintain or contribute to an open source project
Current Platform Technologies
- Continuous integration
- End-to-end integration testing
- OAuthAWS (Terraform & Fargate for deployment)
- The best tool for the job
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course
- Connect with the Support & Integrations team, as well as key engineering stakeholders across the company
- Learn and understand the current engineering workflow
- Learn and understand the core business objectives, areas for improvement, and become familiar with Engineering pain points & bottlenecks
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Suggest best practices and improvements for internal tooling and processes
- Effectively handle multiple deadlines for projects that vary in size from “pebbles” to “boulders”
- Enable our customers to make the most of our platform by providing easier access, integration, and upgrades to their billing/license management dashboard
- Work with various departments such as Customer Success, Sales, Product, Engineering, Payments, Salesforce, ... to solve complex problems simply & elegantly
- Fully understand your contributions to the Engineering roadmap
After 6 months you’ll…
- Be a key part of a growing team with potential leadership opportunities
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address enterprise client needs
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
In addition to the wonderful people you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our unlimited vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) option.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, has to say about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Read Full Job Description