Senior Software Engineer (Job Code: CA1106)
Greater LA Area
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Job Code: CA1106)
Location: Playa Vista, CA
Organization Name: LMB Mortgage Services Inc.
Responsible for requirements review, planning, design and ideation, creating UML diagrams (System Architecture Diagram, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Flow Diagrams, Infrastructure Layout, etc.), leading technical discussions, and coding. Writing code for complex multithreaded and high transactional internal/consumer facing applications. Delivering high quality code by writing intensive unit/integration test cases through test driven development approach using frameworks such as Mockito, Cucumber, Spring Integration, and Junit. Troubleshooting and debugging production issues through memory/thread dump analysis and use monitoring tools such as Splunk, Catchpoint, Pagerduty, and Dynatrace. Adapting emerging technologies and frameworks quickly for projects. Exercising good judgment to prioritize multiple tasks and solving problems under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
Job Requirements and Qualification:
Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent)in Computer Science, Engineering, Interdisciplinary Engineering, or related field plus 3 years of experiencein the offered position or related position and 3 years of experience in the special skills; or Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent)in Computer Science, Engineering, Interdisciplinary Engineering, or related field plus 5 years of experiencein the offered position or related position and 5 years of experience in the special skills.
REQUIRED SPECIAL SKILLS:
Must possess expertise/knowledge sufficient to adequately perform the duties of the job being offered. Expertise/knowledge may be gained through employment experience or education. Such expertise/knowledge cannot be quantified by time.
Required expertise/knowledge includes:
- Applying core Java skills, including collection API, threads, interfaces/abstract classes, exception handling, file handling, serialization, JDBC, class loader, and design patterns (Singleton, Observer, Delegate Patterns, Domain Driven Design, Factory Pattern).
- Building web applications from scratch, including creating JSPS using JSTL Tags, configuring Servlets and Servlets filters in web .xml, and configuring JNDI resource in Container.
- Designing scalable distributed systems.
- Implementing transaction services using JTA.
- Using Spring and Hibernate Framework, including Controllers, Restful Services, View Resolvers, Spring Annotations, Transaction Manager, Data Access Layer, Singleton/Prototype Beans, and Hibernate Caching and Annotation.
- Applying multithreaded programming skills, including techniques to avoid deadlocks, thread synchronization, and large request wait times for highly scalable server-side development.
- Writing complex SQL queries and designing database tables/views involving multiple tables with large data sets.
Other: 40 hours/week; If offered employment must have legal right to work in U.S. EOE.
Contact: Apply by mail to: LMB Mortgage Services Inc. – Attn: Nicole Zagurski, 12181 Bluff Creek Drive, Suite 250, Playa Vista, CA 90094 (Reference Job Code: CA1106)
Read Full Job Description