At Aspiration, we created the category of sustainable, socially responsible retail consumer finance. We offer unique financial products to let people save, spend, and invest their money in ways that make them more financially secure and align with their personal values. Unlike other financial institutions, Aspiration is committed to building a relationship with our customers based on trust and aligning the customer’s success with our own. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date, and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you are responsible for making sure our customers have a delightful experience whenever they interact with Aspiration. This means making sure our applications load fast, look consistent across mobile and desktop, and behave flawlessly. You have a deep understanding of the web with an interest in modern technologies like React, Emotion and GraphQL. Performance and accessibility go hand in hand for you, and you know how to choose the right tool for the job to serve all our users whatever their situation is. You enjoy working within a team and collaborate with designers, product managers, and other developers alike. Your code is robust and well tested, and you are able to share your knowledge and lift everyone up around you. You are familiar with modern debugging tools, crash reporting and analytics services, and you are not afraid to dive deep to fix or improve a product.
What You'll Do
- Work collaboratively with product owners and designers to figure out efficient solutions for our users
- Constantly improve the performance and accessibility of our products
- Ensure a smooth developer experience from onboarding to deployment
- Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across other technical and product teams
- Be a leader and mentor to other team members, contributing to code reviews and other team processes
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of practice writing code for all browsers and an intimate understanding of how the web works
- Strong Modern CSS expertise, using CSS-in-JS , ability to build fully Responsive UI's and websites from Design Mockups
- Strong Knowledge of web performance and accessibility best practices
- Command of modern standards-based web development
- Time management and organizational skills
- Comfort in working within an Agile SDLC
- Unit Testing proficiency
- Node.js and server side rendering exposure
- GraphQL understanding: schema design, resolver logic and code, etc.
- Continuous integration tools practice, e.g., Docker, CircleCI,...
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Read Full Job Description