Senior Software Engineer, Front End React
Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
The first commercial television set was introduced in 1928 and has been largely unchanged since! For the first time in history, TV is changing big time! As a Senior Software Engineer on the front-end web team, you’ll have the opportunity to innovate on television and reinvent TV. You’ll be challenged to add and experiment with first-class features. Your work will have direct impact on millions of people and contribute to our goal of entertaining the planet.
The ideal candidate has a good understanding of the full-stack with heavy experience in front-end development. Your solutions need to be reliable, efficient, reusable and scalable. You’ll need to understand the intricacies of building an app for a wide range of devices for millions of users and beyond.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Work jointly with Product, Design, Business Intelligence, QA and Backend teams to delivery a best-in-class user experience to entertain millions of users
- Design solutions that anticipate failure and corner cases
- Maintain detailed documentation on features, flows and processes
- Effectively communicate and document progress via Jira, Slack and Confluence
- Take ownership and responsibility for your work
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field required
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of React/Redux development experience
- SPA development experience
- Strong ability to troubleshoot / debug issues
- Ability to quickly pick up new APIs/SDKs
- Capable of working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Consumer-Oriented, pays attention to details, regards user-experience a top priority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years full-stack development experience
- 1+ years Typescript development experience
- Connected TV / Smart TV / Gaming Console development experience
- Experience with Selenium / QA Automation
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience with Monorepo
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.