Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- Small kitchen + snacks
- Company outings / events
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Front End (Angular) who will be responsible for the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures, QC all pages before they go live, and manage the coding team by assigning them to the developers and following up when needed. They must have a complete understanding of our business and how all our funnels and pages are set up.
This is a full-time position. Remote Position 10am-6pm PST. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of Web Developers
- Set and track individual goals as well as provide performance reviews to team
- Creating standard practices and procedures to where they see it appropriate
- Liaise with stakeholders to delegate change requests and provide status reports on JIRA tickets or escalations
- Responsible for coding and resolving technical issues with web pages, funnels and branded sites.
- Perform code reviews, as needed
- Manage the transition of digital assets from the old tech stack to the new stack
- Teach developers new frameworks and languages to support front end applications
- Create websites and blog pages for new brands
- Debug websites, sales pages and issues with Salesforce configurations
- Drive goals by creating content for offers to go live through TCR and non-TCR funnels in order to obtain an increased amount of leads
- Ensure domains are functioning properly
- Collaborate with various departments on optimization efforts to drive more revenue
- Work with Project Manager to manage and obtain approvals for final launches
- Be part of an on-call schedule for issues out of work hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- 3-5+ Years Experience with Ionic V3, Angular 2+, Sass, Typescript, HTML and CSS. Must have at least 3 years of Angular (version 2 or on) experience.
- Manager experience or interest in managing
- 1-3+ Years Experience of the Salesforce Service Cloud platform
- Knowledge of Heroku
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth understanding of various web development technologies
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a team
- Great Organizational skills
- Familiarity with other tools such as JIRA, Github, Gitlab
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote