Inspire’s Technology team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our consumer growth team, responsible for building backend services, API design and mobile and web experiences that focus on delivering customer value. Reporting to the Senior Director of Consumer Product, you will be a key decision-maker in the technical approach, architecture and implement resilient, highly available systems for our acquisition funnels.
THE SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER HAS FIVE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be part of a small cross-functional team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing parts of our consumer acquisition and growth initiatives.
- Leverage internal and 3rd party APIs to build experiences around acquisition funnel, lead generation products, SEO improvements and new user experiences.
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
- Be part of the Growth team to collaborate early and often to deliver the right value / effort tradeoff.
- Read the performance of the experiments that you deliver to help inform the decisions of the overall team on the priority for the next set of growth tactics.
SOME YEAR 1 DELIVERABLES
- Deliver our consumer web and mobile acquisition applications, referral system and upsell initiatives
- Continue to improve and scale the initial applications for national growth
- Build integrations for strategic utility providers
- Design and implement net new systems in support of acquisition efforts
- System uptime
- Performance of services and systems within the team’s purview
- Velocity of the deliverables
- Movement of key metrics: acquisition, retention, LTV, CPA
- Takes Ownership: Feels deep ownership over tasks and systems, to ensure we build sustainable products
- Endlessly Curious: Always learning about new technologies, industry trends, etc. and applying them when applicable to the technology stack and process.
- Shows Strong Leadership: Drives the technology platform forward, and can mentor and level-up others on the team to build world class APIs
- Works Collaboratively: Works well cross-functionally with Product, Design, Marketing, Data Science, BD, and others to ensure alignment
- Must Have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar, or equivalent education that provides a strong foundation in computer science (data structures, algorithms, compilers, processors, etc.)
- 5+ years of professional experience building building web apps, APIs, evented/queued systems, and other business related systems
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams both directly and indirectly
- Strong understanding of HTTP, REST standards, backward compatibility, and other best practices for building consumer APIs
- Passionate about technology and interested in solving tough problems
- Proven ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams.
- Experience promoting engineering best practices across teams: code review processes, alerting and monitoring, architectural right sizing, etc.
- Ability to engage on architectural discussions and determine tradeoffs and drive discussion towards decisions.
- Nice to Have
- Experience implementing sophisticated systems using 3rd party vendor integrations & decoupled backend services
- Experience building growth-related products, services or features.
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with web scraping technology, such as puppeteer
- Experience with databases and ORMs specifically Postgres, Snowflake