- Design, code, test, and enhance components, services, and microservices - and extend the backend architecture as the Mythical platform evolves.
- Write clean, testable code. Participate in code & design reviews.
- Analyze and optimize current applications towards a microservices architecture
- Be a problem solver and self-driven; owning your tasks to get the results needed
- Help strengthen your team by mentoring, supporting, and encouraging as opportunities present themselves
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, products owners, and designers to deliver empowering user experiences
- SaaS production experience with backend development using languages such as Java, C#, or Kotlin
- Experience designing and developing for large, horizontally scalable, high-transaction volume systems
- Experience with backend services or distributed systems
- A BS or greater in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Experienced writing network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems
- Experienced with developing or working with cloud-based microservice architectures
- Recent experience developing in Kotlin.
- 5+ years of experience developing server applications in Java (Java 8 or higher)
- Experience with Kafka (architecture, development, deployment)
- Experienced with Spring Boot, Gradle, and Docker
- Experience with TypeScript
- You have a passion for gaming, marketplaces, and/or blockchain technology
- You're passionate about helping build a great product, culture and company!
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.