About the Senior Software Engineer, API (Platform) at Headspace:
Headspace has one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world. Headspace is a global leader in mindfulness through its app and online content offerings. At Headspace, our employees embody our three core values: selfless drive, courageous heart, and a curious mind.
The Platform team owns all of the core domains that power Headspace as well as its internal tools and frameworks. It is our role to establish best practices in each platform and to build frameworks and APIS that will unlock the agility of the engineering organization. We are looking for a passionate senior software engineer who can help architect quality systems, design a solid foundation for all of our services, and drive our software practices to the next-level.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, New York, Florida, Georgia, Texas, Maryland + Washington DC, North Carolina and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Architect the future of the Headspace platform infrastructure, with an eye towards scalability, reliability, and developer velocity
- Write well designed, testable, performant, and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Work with product and engineering teams to release services that operate at our high scale
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Experience building and operating a platform at scale
- Experience with Node.JS or Spring boot preferred
- Familiarity with building APIs, microservice architecture, and distributed system design patterns
- Comfort with data- and experiment-driven product development methodologies
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related experience
- Excellent communication skills between multiple teams (Tech and Non-Tech)
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.