Team and Role Overview
The Additive Development team at Relativity Space is responsible for the core development, automation and operation of Relativity’s Additive Technologies used to manufacture the world’s first 3d-printed launch vehicle. As a Sr. Sensor Fusion Robotics Engineer, you will work at the convergence of our Robotics, Software, Weld, and NDE teams to select, develop, and integrate the core sensor suite used in our Stargate printers. This sensor suite is critical to maintain control over our additive processes and workflows to maximize the yield and quality of our additively printed parts.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
In a nut shell, the integrity and reliability of data collected from our sensor suite will be your primary responsibility. Your upstream stakeholders will be subject matter experts on our Integrated Software and Integrated Hardware teams that will assist in performing trade studies on candidate sensors and sensor fusion algorithms for specific control and detection schemas. You will drive candidate hardware from feasibility studies through qualification and integration which includes deriving requirements for data and software architectures, mechanical integration, ConOps/calibration, and nominal operation. Your down-stream stakeholders will be the Vehicle Design and Manufacturing team, to whom you will be delivering reliable and comprehensive data reports on the printing process.
You have a strong track record of partnering with multidisciplinary teams to carry development efforts from their infancy to functionally automated solutions. You possess skills for systems modeling and simulation along with a strong background in mathematics and statistics including regression, reinforcement learning methods, Monte Carlo Schemes and Bayesian Methods that will allow you to opine and assess the feasibility of candidate sensors and data quality for specific applications. You have a commitment to quality and the discipline required to achieve it.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience developing in languages such as: C++, Python, and/or R
- BS degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science or physical sciences.
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics including reinforcement learning methods, Monte Carlo Schemes and Bayesian Methods
- Experience in embedded algorithms, integration, qualification, and software development cycle
- Data manipulation, transformation, and scaling for analyses including digital signal processing, outlier detection
- Strong background in mathematics and statistics and probability fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to succinctly communicate the salient points from complex data reviews and analyses across a multidisciplinary engineering organization.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience in big data analytics and data pipelines
- Strong fundamentals in decision making (Reinforcement Learning) and stochastic methods including and Monte Carlo and Bayesian Methods
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in mathematics, engineering, computer science or physical science
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.