Senior Research and Development (R&D) Engineer - Integration
The Special Projects group is responsible for identifying areas where radical innovation or alternative approaches could yield material benefits to the Virgin Hyperloop One products or corporation – specifically benefits to product capital costs, operating costs, or deployment timelines in a cost-neutral manner. Generally, this will involve applying existing commercially available components to system objectives in novel manners or in novel configurations.
• Perform high-level R&D (Research and Development) design work and ensures that all work reflects elevated level objectives
• Enable the Strategic Innovations and Chief Engineering team to complete all projects with adequate throughput, quality, and results
• Holds strong ownership/management of all engineering projects
• Mentor and grow junior engineers to develop their technical skill sets
• Supervise technicians during the assembly of prototypes
• Act as the team lead and second in command to the Sr. Special Projects Engineer
• Work in a highly cross-collaborative environment spanning many different teams within the engineering organization
• Responsible for managing the integration of large objects
• Be responsible for learning and using company tools and processes correctly, ensuring rest of team does so as well
• A demonstrated leader and cross-functional collaborator that can thrive in a start-up team environment
• Possesses a strong technical ability to assemble functioning hardware and troubleshoot effectively
• Maintains a safe work environment and ensure co-workers do so as well
• Uses first principles to formulate a solution to a problem and articulates findings quantitatively to team
Minimum Required Experience:
• B.S. in Engineering field or higher
• 6 years of hands-on engineering experience with 2-3 years of experience managing/leading projects
• Must have the ability to use a CAD system – NX, SolidWorks, Catia, Pro-E
• Hands-on building experience for hardware is required; experience with mechanical, electrical, and software subsystems ideal
• Experience in defining, establishing, and communicating quality control standards
• Strong background of rapidly prototyping, designing, and building vehicles and or test rigs
• Previous work on vehicles – aviation, automotive, rail, marine
• Machining, welding, and using hand tools for fabrication
• Leadership experience such as running a team, supervising technicians, mentoring junior engineers etc.
• Experience with Hardware Research and Development (R&D)
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.