Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Senior Product Reliability Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide engineering excellence across the Product functions as Relativity approaches its maiden launch of the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle and quickly scales its launch manifest using its novel 3D printing manufacturing process. This role will initially report to the Chief of Staff.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
As a Senior Product Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for working across all engineering disciplines to tackle the most challenging anomalies and issues that Relativity faces from design, build, test and launch operations. You will be responsible for implementing processes and software tools to support tracking of manufacturing issues, change and configuration management, and ensure appropriate risk posture is maintained while corrective actions are implemented. You will participate and lead major technical anomaly resolution and present risks and root cause to the Relativity executive team as well as launch customers and government agencies. During launch campaigns you will be an integral part of the launch operations and provide technical support for anomaly resolution and risk closure. Since Relativity leverages a unique 3D printing approach, mission assurance solutions should complement this industry changing manufacturing process.
The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver and with a deep technical understanding in one or more engineering hardware or software disciplines in aerospace. You will need to rely on engineering first principals to help multidisciplinary teams quickly resolve complex problems. Essential skills include the ability to rapidly process new technical problems and distill solutions into clearly communicable actions. Attention to detail is critical to success.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering, project management or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience to Mission Assurance, Engineering Reliability or Project Management.
- Knowledge of complex aerospace hardware and processes related to manufacturing, integration, testing or launch operations
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external groups to overcome associated constraints
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to rapidly resolve interdisciplinary technical anomalies and establish agile processes
Nice to haves:
- Direct hands-on experience in the integration and launch operations of an orbital rocket
- Full product life cycle experience with a new launch vehicle or spacecraft
- Direct experience implementing and maintaining a software system to govern engineering or manufacturing processes focused on reliability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!