DISQO is a next-generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use OKR’s to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture, and infrastructure. And we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
What you will do:
- Contribute to a team of high-performing engineers reporting to the Director of Platform
- Engineering who work with our most difficult and complex engineering challenges
- Help define and champion engineering standards to improve our infrastructure development process
- Cultivate a code-first mindset and work to champion code-centric solutions throughout our department to improve velocity and deliverability
- Design and deploy tools that allow delivery teams to manage and support highly-available infrastructure on AWS
- Build tools that empower capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Lead incident response in collaboration with application owners and the platform team
- Develop tooling to surface the day-to-day health, uptime, and reliability of our cloud infrastructure
- Think long-term and avoid band-aids Identify unnecessary complexity and remove it
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years working in an SRE, DevOps or equivalent role
- 5+ years of production experience with AWS services, including EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, S3, Auto Scale, ELB
- 3+ years of Software (preferably Golang) development experience, ideally building user facing tools and platform services
- Experience integrating with Hashicorp stacks to create a systematic service platform
- Experience managing infrastructure projects in a Scrum environment
- Ability and willingness to work in multiple programming languages to guarantee the success of our projects
- Fluency with Linux architecture, microservices and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience managing scale-out infrastructure using Terraform
- Experience with application monitoring tools (DataDog, New Relic, SumoLogic, etc)
- Strong knowledge of fundamental protocols, such as TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, distributed file systems, key-value stores and relational databases
- Experience building and maintaining hygienic CICD pipelines
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Catered lunches 3x a week
- Stocked pantry
- Happy Hours
- Onsite Fitness Program
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Offsites
- Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.