Senior Platform Engineer at Promenade
We are looking for a senior platform engineer to join our development team. You will work to build out an entire ecosystem for our suite of B2B enterprise florist tools as well as create features and functionality for our online floral marketplace, BloomNation.com, with more than 3,000 florists across the country. As our team grows you will help to architect the future of technology for our company.
- This role will focus on our Magento LAMP stack, adding new features and assisting with deployments
- Architect and implement solutions for our premium site (saas), marketplace and dashboard applications.
- Implemenation of our REST APIs which will power our next generation front end applications.
- Mentor other engineers on best practices via pair programming sessions.
- Work with product and engineering teams during agile lifecycle to deliver both engineering and product feature sets.
- Advise on best practices and ensuring the highest quality of engineering solutions through code reviews.
- Advanced knowledge of Magento eCommerce Platform (CE)
- Advanced knowledge of PHP, Zend Framework
- Advanced understanding of relational (MYSQL) and noSQL persistence layers.
- Understanding of distributed caching using Redis or Memcached.
- Comfortable working in team environmentusing best practices and tools. We currently use Git/Github for source control, Jira for Story tracking and Travis for CI, we strive for TDD.
- Succinct communicator with the ability to fully explain technical problems and their solutions
- An upbeat attitude - every problem has a solution
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with search platform such as ElasticSearch
- Working knowledge of AWS (EC2, ElasticCache, RDS, SQS, Route 53, AMIs, VPCs, CloudFront, security)
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- Very competitive compensation plan
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Health, Vision & Dental
- Opportunity for career advancement.
- A brand new office on the 3rd street promenade, one block away from the ocean.
- Fully stocked snack bar & weekly catered lunches.
- Ability to mold your career and make an immediate direct impact.
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers!
- Working in a fast-paced, fun environment with an eclectic group of people from all over the country (and world).
How to Apply
Please email your resume to [email protected]
BloomNation is the Etsy for local florists.
Imagine if McDonald's was your only option for ordering food online. Ridiculous as the scenario may sound, it's exactly how the online floral industry operates today. The overwhelming bulk of online floral transactions go through a small handful of major "wire services" (FTD, 1800Flowers, Teleflora, etc.) that rolled up the floral industry in the early days of the internet by offering a generic set of bouquets, regardless of which florist fulfills the order. The problems are numerous: designs are lowest common denominator, florists receive only a small portion of what you pay & so must fulfill your order using their cheapest or dying flowers, the wire service middle man reduces accountability, and what you order is often not what you receive.
Enter BloomNation. We're able to provide consumers more unique bouquets, better value for your money, and higher quality flowers by bringing local artisan florists online. The opportunity we're pursuing is very rare: a huge badly broken market and a solution for which the industry is clamoring. Our marketplace makes the experience better for both consumers and local florists. Finances aside, we make the world more unique & interesting while helping local businesses thrive.
Team and Culture
Our team is backed by the best investors in the industry including Ronny Conway, Andreessen Horowitz (AirBnB, Box, Facebook, Lyft, Twitter, etc.), Spark Capital (Tumblr, Upworthy, Warby Parker, etc.), and Crunch Fund (Square, Uber, etc.). We are still early enough that options matter... a lot... We are recruiting Silicon Beach's top talent as we rapidly scale up our still small (~35 person) team. Join us if you are an entrepreneur at heart & if you want to own and be a leader in your area of expertise. If you're passionate, energetic, and easy to work with you will thrive here.