Senior Offboard Software Architect (Cloud)
The Offboard, or Cloud, Software Architect will be part of the Software Architecture Team, within the Software Engineering Function. The team works with other software teams to specify, develop and maintain the architecture for all the cloud systems. This includes owning functional, logical and physical architectures, and insure clear information dissemination across multiple departments.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the cloud architecture definition processes.
- Working with other engineering teams to:
- Define functional architecture – diagrammatically, and with detailed design specifications.
- Define physical architectures – diagrammatically, and with detailed design specifications.
- Define logical architecture – diagrammatically, and with detailed design specifications.
- Define elements of the cloud control systems that will span the portal, tube and pod – with multiple systems and networks on each.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing product deliveries.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning embedded architecture in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Expert in embedded cloud software architecture.
- Deep understanding of IPCs, API and networking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with modern cloud agnostic tools.
- Experience with modern Linux stacks.
- Skilled in data pipelining, and data storage
- Skilled in service orientated architecture.
- Experience with:
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Postgress, Hadoop, Microservices, API gateways, REST APIs and React
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Experience managing software architects, or equivalent.
- Expertise in large scale deployments, and ideally within automotive or aerospace.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.