Senior Mobile Developer
Cie is an innovation accelerator for large enterprises and a growth accelerator for emerging start-ups…we are looking for a Senior Mobile Developer who will be using cutting-edge technology to solve big problems and disrupt entire industries…boom!
If you have strong technical proficiency, critical thinking, and collaboration skills, then keep reading!
What you’ll have achieved in a year
You will serve as an in-house expert on everything mobile and play a pivotal role in architecting, developing, deploying, and maintaining native mobile applications for all business.
Have an impact
No cog in the wheels here! We have a highly collaborative work environment working to solve problems using the latest cutting edge tech (AI, ML, IoT, Cloud, etc.)!
What you’ll do to get there
- Architect, design, and develop native mobile applications, including features, prototypes, and proof-of-concepts
- Offer thought-leadership, expertise, and guidance to the mobile engineering team
- Conduct consistent and thorough code-reviews to ensure high quality, performant code
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Ideate on improving the mobile development process, including determining best practices, tools, technologies, and frameworks to leverage based on project needs
- End-to-end ownership of projects from discovery through production deployment
- Assist in the modeling of mobile consumed APIs
- Review high-level product requirements for technical feasibility
- Distill product requirements into technical recommendations
- Assist in proposal construction through accurate time estimates & technical recommendations
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance or oversight
- Always be learning and keeping a pulse of new tools and technologies
What you’ll need to succeed
- Senior experience developing native mobile applications for iOS and Android with the ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and highly-collaborative work environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience using native tooling (Swift, Obj-C, Java, Kotlin)
- Expert knowledge of Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and the entire mobile store lifecycle including store policies, publishing, deployments, and provisioning
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented design patterns, when to use them, and how to implement them
- Expertise with version control systems, specifically Git
- Experience with software development processes such as SCRUM, Agile, Extreme Programming, and other iterative approaches
- Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues in production software
- Experience with writing unit tests and general test-driven-development
- Experience integrating applications with cloud-infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working one or more databases such as SQLite, Realm, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDb
- Experience with mobile DevOps procedures and tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, BitRise a plus
- Experience with React Native a plus
- Experience with cross-platform code sharing across front-end and mobile (e.g. React.js to React Native) a plus
what we're up to
- Coverage on our partnership with Wavemaker Partners
- Forbes Article: “How One Company Is Leading The Way In Corporate Innovation”
- BuiltInLA Article: “Looking ahead: The trends LA tech companies are watching in 2019″
- #21 in BuiltInLA’s “100 BEST PLACES TO WORK IN LOS ANGELES 2019”
what we Offer:
At Cie, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity, and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented project and account managers, designers, and developers.
- Health/Benefits: Full suite of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner…
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There’s an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space offers stocked fridges, snacks and is in a building with a gym for employees, free parking, and game room!
Read Full Job Description