Senior Manufacturing Process Development Engineer - Vehicle
You will be a part of the Manufacturing Process Development team where you will research, develop, and implement robust manufacturing and integration processes for the Hyperloop Vehicle system, directing DFM and DTC findings to the design team. You will aid in prototype builds, and help sustain low and high volume production of vehicle structure and integration.
- Research, design, prototype and develop manufacturing processes ranging the entire Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) spectrum from preliminary laboratory testing to full scale mass production
- Function as a key go-to subject matter expert on the manufacturing of vehicle structure and integration of vehicle sub systems
- Work with a team including Lead Engineer & Project Coordinator to ensure the team meets critical project schedule deadlines
- Work daily with hardware design engineers to understand the most up-to-date product requirements and development status to ensure manufacturing development keeps pace or leads product design
- Research & report total process costs for various design trades including raw materials, cycle time, outside vendors, capital & tooling investments, facility requirements, direct & indirect labor and logistics costs, etc.
- Research & publish manufacturing technical memos on manufacturing recommendations, feasibility studies and cost savings initiatives
- Support prototype builds and high-volume production runs (sustaining engineering) of complex vehicle sub systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to chart a path forward through ambiguity and lack of definition
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in complex engineering systems
- Ability to make effective decisions and presentations on complex manufacturing topics to technicians, engineers, managers and executives
- Excellent communicator, organized, possesses good spatial imagination, mechanical assembly skills and judgment
- A self-directed individual who is a true team player
- Ability to think ahead and plan over multi-month time spans
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & projects, with attention to detail
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in interpreting complex part and assembly drawings
- Experience in design, prototype, and down selection of manufacturing processes via Design of Experiments
- Experience in taking products from NPI phase through high volume production while giving design team DFX feedback on material, costs, and supply chain considerations
- B.S. or higher in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, chemical engineering, materials engineering or equivalent
- Proficiency in ASME Y14.5 GD&T, 2D and 3D CAD
- Capability and familiarity with wide range of metallic manufacturing methods, such as machining, roll forming, extrusion, welding, laser cutting, riveting, match drilling
- 4+ years of engineering experience in one or more of the following:
- Manufacturing or Integration of aero structures
- Manufacturing or Integration of aerospace sub-assemblies
- Manufacturing or Integration of full aerospace systems
- Manufacturing or Integration of automotive vehicles
- Manufacturing or Integration of large complex machinery or assemblies
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.