Senior Manager, System Safety and Assurance
The Senior Manager of System Safety Assurance will be responsible for the system safety life cycle activities including but not limited to hazard identification, risk evaluation, safety requirement definition, hazard management, safety analysis, safety approval process and safety case(s).
An ideal candidate must be able to manage multiple cross-functional projects across the Hyperloop One organization and may be required to coordinate outside resources in the US and internationally.
The Senior Manager of System Safety Assurance must be able to work independently: flexibility, relationship building, communication skills and time management are essential to success in this position.
- Planning and coordination of the Safety Engineering activities.
- Producing and maintaining the System Safety Management Plan.
- To co-ordinate the timely production of the necessary design safety documentation, especially the relevant safety cases and related documentation for approval milestones.
- Conduct/facilitate Hazard Analysis, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis and other safety studies with Engineering groups.
- Define System Safety Requirements and apportion them to the subsystems.
- To participate and co-ordinate as applicable the safety reviews during the Project Lifecycle.
- Management of the corrective actions required in case of non-conformity of deviations from the RAMS targets.
- Review the design with a potential impact on the system safety performances.
- To be responsible for the independent verification and validation of the supplied system and the safety integrity of the technical solution, with respect to Safety requirements.
- Interface with Transportation Authorities, National Safety Agencies, Independent Safety Assessors.
Successful candidate must have strong technical background and extensive experience managing the safety lifecycle for large complex product or system developments. Must communicate clearly and work with other collaboratively. Must be accustomed to and be able to work with engineers across all departments as well as, other stake holders, such as government agencies, regulator and independent safety assessors. Must be a problem solver/creative thinker.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in EE/System Engineering or related.
- Proven experience in highly-complex and innovative engineering projects.
- Proven record of developing safety specifications and requirements in design, development, and production environments for transportation, aeronautical, autonomous vehicles, or similar complex systems.
- Proven record of developing complex safety cases and interface with Safety Agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining safety systems in compliance (at least) one of the following: IEC 61508, EN 5012x, ISO 26262, MIL-STD-822E, DO-178B.
- Experience with FMEA/FMECA, Fault Tree Analysis, Hazard Analysis.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and with other groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to dialogue, negotiate, influence and work with other collaboratively and constructively.
- Strategic Focus/Vision to translate vision and strategy into a clear, actionable goals.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally.
- 10+ years of applicable experience.
- Proven experience in mass transportation projects.
- MS and/or PhD in EE/Systems Engineering.
- Development, certification and commercialization of new products.
- Experience with requirements management tools such as JIRA, DOORS etc.
- Experience with Isograph suite (FaultTree+).
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.