Senior Manager, Packaging Engineer
FabFitFun is a fast-growing and innovative lifestyle subscription brand seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Packaging Engineer to join the team at our Los Angeles HQ. This newly created role will own all facets of the packaging procurement for the FabFitFun subscription box. This will involve creating and driving the process and methodology on standardized box size, corrugate thickness, and product placement within box that will hold up to the supply chain and distribution channel.
What you’ll Do:
- Own the supplier selection process for all subscription box assets, using comprehensive packaging breakdowns including defining function/necessity, manufacturability, cost, tooling estimates, and development lead time.
- Seek out new technologies within the corrugate packaging industry to ensureFabFitFun is using the best machinery and printing techniques and ensure they are scalable.
- Actively network at tradeshows to attain new packaging vendor contacts and maintain existing vendor relationships.
- Project Manage for all packaging initiatives to manage cost, timelines and quality expectations.
- Establish priorities with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates.
- Oversee production and attend press checks to confirm packaging quality and color accuracy across corrugate and collateral.
- Stay current on industry norms and monitor commodity cost trends and be prepared to anticipate and react to changes.
- Plan and execute packaging budget with aggressive cost goals to maintain quarterly.
- Ensure package performance and transportation tests are conducted for all variations.
- Lead all contracts negotiations for new supplier onboarding.
- Consult with suppliers and account management team on product packaging methods to ensure the product will withstand unique FabFitFun distribution.
- Partner with fulfillment production and QC teams to ensure consistent methodology is used in production of boxes and e-commerce to ensure quality delivery of products to members.
What you’ll bring:
- BS/BA or MA in Package Engineering (preferred) or equivalent technical degree such as Industrial Design with packaging experience
- Material science knowledge in plastics, glass, cartons, printing and decoration methods
- 5+ years of experience in flexible packaging materials and equipment
- Continuous Improvement or Process Engineering experience
- Superb attention to detail necessary for close visual process and product inspections.
- Analytical, statistical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural environment
What you’ll get:
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing e-commerce
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store
You bring the Fab. We'll bring the Fun.