Senior IoT Developer at Cie
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:21 p.m. (PST) on Friday, January 10, 2020
Cie is looking for a Senior IoT Developer to play a pivotal role in using your development skills and be responsible for overseeing the quality design and build of an iOT platform that will be able to collect data from numerous devices and enable analytics that drive improvements in lifestyle for its users. This is a great position for the self-motivated, organized candidate with exceptional level of attention-to-detail. We’re looking for people who are creative problem solvers and “out-of-the-box thinkers.” This is a hands-on role and will require significant research, hardware and software development efforts.
You must be creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, and a resourceful problem-solver. Our ideal candidate Is one that can thrive in a fast-moving, creative company and has knowledge in the design and development of an iOT architecture set.
- Review high-level product requirements for technical feasibility
- Distill high-level product requirements into technical recommendations (hardware, stacks, architecture)
- Assist in proposal construction through accurate time estimates & technical recommendations
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot a fleet of IoT devices including a software deployment pipeline for those devices
- Support installers by assisting in the provisioning and configuration of IoT devices
- Prototyping proof of concept sensors and hubs by furnishing and soldering connections and providing production ready recommendations for future scale of those devices
- Provisioning, imaging and deployment of Raspberry Pi hubs and ESP8266/ESP32 backed sensors
- Be a mentor to other developers by delegating tasks and performing code reviews
- Develop and enforce development standards and best practices for the IoT teams
- Collaborate with frontend, backend and mobile developers internally and client-side regarding APIs and integrations with their underlying systems
- Constantly research changes in the industry as they pertain to software best practices, new technologies, hardware, frameworks and everything in between
- Participate and provide feedback in brainstorming sessions and scoping meetings
- Work alongside various other developers to provide guidance on immediate and long-term strategy towards hardware and software development
- Strong microcontroller hardware experience (ESP8266, ESP32, Particle Photon/Argon or similar devices)
- Strong experience provisioning, imaging and deploying Raspberry Pi devices for use as hubs for sensor (microcontroller) integration using WiFi and BlueTooth
- Strong experience with network programming using WiFi and BlueTooth wireless technologies and various network protocols
- Experience with flashing and updating firmware in sensors and hubs
- Experience with Zigbee, Z-Wave is a plus
- Experience with prototyping proof of concept sensors and hubs by furnishing and soldering connections
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering is strongly preferred
- Backend and API experience using Python, Node.js or .NET Core is a plus
- Experience with IoT streaming platforms/services like Azure IoT, AWS IoT or others is a plus
- Experience with Alexa Voice Service (AVS) is a plus
- Experience with IoT rapid development platforms like Thingworx is a plus
- Experience with test automation as it pertains to hardware (assisting/creating test plans, creating automation frameworks) is a plus
- Experience with C/C++ is a plus
WHAT WE'RE UP TO:
- Coverage on our partnership with Wavemaker Partners
- Forbes Article: "How One Company Is Leading The Way In Corporate Innovation"
- BuilInLA Article: "Looking ahead: The trends LA tech companies are watching in 2019"
- #21 in BuiltInLA's "100 BEST PLACES TO WORK IN LOS ANGELES 2019"
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Cie, we’re looking for fun, bright, independent, self-motivated, and experienced people who have a passion for building disruptive technology and strong desire for achievement. Our compensation packages consist of salary and equity and are commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full suite of benefits.
- Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in an exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You will be able to own strategy as well as execution in a position that will impact the entire business
- Personal Growth: Our fast-paced start-up environment is perfect for highly driven individuals to gain exposure to learning opportunities that rarely arise in large corporate environments or singularly focused start-ups
- Opportunity: You will be at the forefront of building businesses in an entrepreneurial environment. Not only will you be able to experience some amazing achievements but you will also personally, professionally and financially benefit
- Competitive Salary: Based on experience and performance.
- Health/Benefits: Full suit of benefits including Medical, Dental, Visual, Life, Paid Vacation and a 401k matched.
- The Right Gear: All the bells and whistles you need to drive results.
- The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too. Tourney day is right around the corner...
- Free Food/Drinks: Catered lunches, stocked pantries, fridges and unlimited coffee.
- Fitness: There's an outfitted gym at your disposal.
- Location: With new offices in Irvine, CA, our beautiful open work space is in a building with a florist, salon/barber, cafe/bar (with an amazing happy hour), free parking, and a game room!
Read Full Job Description