We are looking for a graphics engineer to join our Native client team. As a graphics engineer on the Native client team you will be building and supporting graphics infrastructure for our Windows and Android applications. We are developing the next generation command and control application for desktop, mobile and VR.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan or other graphics APIs including shader debugging and optimization. You will be the primary point person in charge of graphics features, optimizations and debugging. We’re a small team, so there will be other engine related support and features as well. Game industry experience is a plus.
What you'll do
- Graphics features. Improve and extend existing graphics and art pipelines while also building new technology that scales across a range of mobile devices.
- Engine work. Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, e.g. memory allocators, file systems, input systems, graphics APIs, etc.
- Optimizations. Optimize performance and quality across a range of devices, from a modern desktop GPU down to a mobile chipsets.
- C/C++. 4+ years developing C/C++ applications and/or games.
- Tile-based GPUs. Understanding tile-based GPU architecture for targeted optimizations and debugging.
- Shading languages. HLSL, GLSL, Metal all provide a basis that will be leveraged.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- OpenGL ES 3+. Our mobile codebase currently target GLES 3+.
- Vulkan. While we are using GLES 3+ currently, Vulkan work is on the horizon.
- Android. Android NDK and Android Studio experience a plus.
- VR. Experience developing for VR headsets like Rift, Vive, PSVR or Quest.
- Games. Professional game or engine development experience.
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!