Senior Full Stack Engineer at Papaya Pay
About the Role:
If you enjoy having your hands in the entire stack and working on software that's core to business impact and product goals, then we need your help. In this role, you will help Papaya pay more bills faster.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for making significant improvements to software that is central to how we pay bills. We are growing fast, and need to develop improved tools and payments infrastructure to keep pace. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to write high-quality code and work well with other engineers, product managers, and designers.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Write well designed, testable and reliable backend and frontend code
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions
- Collaborate with product and other stakeholders
- Use external APIs that span all areas of financial technology, banking, and payments
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of relevant, professional software engineering
- Ability to ship new features while improving legacy codebase
- Experience in designing and implementing REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience in implementing web front ends in React or Vue
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, equity, and agency.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.