MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than fifteen million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
On the software engineering team, you'll be working closely with designers, product management, and fellow engineers to shape the future of technology at MeUndies. We're currently in the process of breaking our monolith down into a small handful of specialized services. Your role will be primarily focused on building out our SPA (Next.js), UI kit (@meundies/loom), and the GraphQL proxy (Typescript + Relay) they rely upon, but knowledge of how the downstream Rails services work will also be important.What You’ll Do
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX designers, and fellow engineers.
- Architect elegant and maintainable code that can be iterated upon as the business grows
- Work side-by-side with UX/UI designers to build engaging, responsive front-end experiences to delight customers
- Relentlessly squashing issues to help our CX and Fulfillment compadres focus on value-add activities and avoid lame tasks.
- Participate in code review
- Intrigued? Good, because we're just getting started and could use good people that find these problem areas enticing!
- Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- 3+ years of ReactJS development experience in a production environment
- 2+ years of Rails (or similar backend) development experience in a production environment
- Strong fundamentals in Front-End technologies (HTML, CSS, ES6)
- Strong relational database fundamentals
- Experience guiding high-level architecture and infrastructure
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and agile methodologies
- Self-motivated, learning-focused engineer who is passionate about collaborating both with other engineers and cross-functionally.
- Production experience with some of the other technologies in our stack: Solidus, GraphQL, TypeScript, Styled-components, Heroku, Contentful, GitHub, AWS, and for the parts you don’t, you’re excited to learn.
- You don’t take yourself too seriously and believe a winning culture is an essential ingredient to building a great company.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.