We’re looking for a Front End Engineer to join our team and help support our rapidly expanding suite of web applications. Over the past two years, our web platform has grown from a simple account management portal to a full-fledged ecommerce site offering over a dozen types of insurance. Beyond our consumer portal, we also provide B2B insurance solutions, including a SAAS platform for brokers and carriers.
You’ll work closely with our designers, backend engineers, and product managers, with a direct impact in the products you’ll be building. As a small distributed team, we rely heavily on effective communication and autonomy in order to build, iterate, and ship rapidly.
What you'll be working on:
- Build modular, readable web apps using React, TypeScript, React Query, and GraphQL, testing everything with Jest and Cypress
- Use Figma and/or Zeplin to bring designs to life
- Resolve bug fixes and support feature requests from our partners
- Refactor or improve existing code
- Review teammates’ pull requests
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve our developer experience
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of professional experience with React and Typescript
- A good understanding of CSS, modular patterns, and responsive web
- A deep understanding of and experience in using APIs and REST
- Knowledge of testing best practices using Jest and Cypress
- Self-sufficiency in managing work to meet goals and deadlines
- Excellent English communication and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts in a clear and concise way
Sure offers employees benefits including: unlimited PTO, a variety of medical, dental and vision insurance plans covered at 80%, 401k plan, equity, employee assistance program, generous parental leave, home office stipend, an annual company retreat, and so much more!
Sure, an insurance technology company, powers digital insurance programs for the world’s most recognized brands and carriers. Its enterprise SaaS Platform and APIs accelerate digital transformation and omnichannel distribution without the need for additional IT resources. Sure streamlines all aspects of digital insurance sales and service with features designed for each phase of the insurance lifecycle. Founded in 2014, the company is remote first and has customers around the globe.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at Sure is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of a general and criminal background check. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.