Senior Director- Information Security at Pluto TV
Los Angeles, CA, US, 90069
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Senior Director of Information Security’s primary job responsibility is to reduce risk to Pluto TV’s Information Security Systems through the understanding and use of various data security technologies, applications, methodologies and industry standards. The Director Information Security will be a senior technology professional able to provide advanced expertise in Information Security Technologies and risk reduction strategies; additionally, this person needs to have had direct experience remediating a major active incident.
This person will lead a small team (4-6 engineers) that works closely with IT, engineering, and other business units. We are open to considering a strong Senior Manager or Architect for this role, which requires a hands-on, player/coach mentality.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of multiple InfoSec technologies (IPS/Firewalls/Anomaly Detection etc.) in a hands-on way.
- Acts as a consultant and manager of stakeholders on Information and Cyber Security risks and controls, getting consensus, creating tailored solutions and policies which will be rolled out and enforced.
- Performs sophisticated analysis of Information Security related logs and log data in AWS to surface potential Information Security risk and concerns for resolution. Reports up on areas of opportunity and concern.
- Accomplishes results by communicating responsibilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, mentoring, and creating accountability for employees; developing, coordinating, and ensuring compliant systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Participates in Incident Response training initiatives and when required ensures active participation in the incident response lifecycle.
- Proactively makes risk reducing recommendations to appropriate business units regarding the development of new or existing services.
- Maintains broad experience in InfoSec, and has the ability to identify and partner with technical specialists in different specialized fields across other groups.
- Frequently reviews any tickets in any service ticketing queues related to the group managed to ensure proper ticket closure.
- Perform vulnerability scans which include analysis and coordinating remediation.
- Conduct detection analysis and coordinate remediation for anomalies & possible intrusions
- Participate in litigation support associated with Electronic Stored Information.
- Participate as appropriate in any Information Technology, Information Security or Business unit project, noting any information security gaps or implications.
- Perform security risk evaluations and penetration assessments.
- Supports the company’s risk management program in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of the organization while following local, state and federal laws and accreditation standards.
- Proactively identifies creative risk solutions to decrease loss of data, increase the data protection mechanisms and controls throughout the enterprise.
- Develop policies, procedures and related guidelines.
- 7+ years of full time Information Security Technical management experience.
- 5 + years of demonstrable experience leading a small team and managing stakeholders across multiple groups.
- Knowledge of relevant tools and technologies including AWS, GuardDuty, Macie,
- CloudTrail, Athena, Hashi Corp Vault, IAM
- Incident Handling and Incident Response Methodologies.
- Vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, anomaly detection and associated technologies.
- The OSI / TCP/IP protocol stack.
- Layer 1-7 infrastructure designs and functionality.The latest hacking techniques and appropriate countermeasures.
- Firewalls, rule base analysis, stateful inspection, encryption and associated algorithms.
- Common threat analysis methodologies such as SANS and OWASP.
- Identity and Access Management methodologies.
- Federated Authentication Platforms and associated protocols
- Goal driven individual with good technical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively explain complex technical issues to a non-technical team member
- Makes a commitment to helping create a “transparent culture of service” which fosters an open, honest, candid workplace within the teams managed.
- Embraces and fosters “innovation” by working on new things in new ways every day
- Develop a global perspective with consideration for local business needs.
- Acts as an Information Security domain specialist and is comfortable interacting with employees at all levels and roles.
- Proven leadership skills, with ability to lead, mentor and motivate employees.
- Acts responsibly with sensitive and confidential information.
- Is creative and inventive as a problem solver.
- Demonstrates the drive to deliver projects successfully even under difficult timelines.
- Strong logical, analytical, methodical, investigative and auditing skills.
- Knows when to make practical rational decisions that reduce risk to company information and systems.
- Travel domestically and internationally if required and with short notice.
- Must be reliable and available 24/7 if required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred.
- Have the following Certs is also a plus:CISSP, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Security Speciality, AWS DevOps Engineer ProfessionalCISM, CEH, EnCe, ITIL and SANS (GCIA, GCIH, GCFA)
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.