Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our growing team at our headquarters. In this role, you will be part of a team supporting our company’s efforts in expanding our DevOps practices across our printing and rocket manufacturing teams. You will be responsible for championing and instilling DevOps practices and tools throughout engineering groups company-wide and working closely with development and IT teams to implement best practices and automation.
Additionally, the Information Technology team at Relativity Space is responsible for all computing infrastructure (end-user, server, virtualization, and cloud), software and software services, videoconferencing, telecommunications services and equipment, networking, and information security. We work with and support the needs of all internal teams, providing critical infrastructure and services for all operations of the company. The complexity and scale of Information Technology needs at Relativity Space provides many unique opportunities to challenge and elevate strategic and tactical technical skillsets of our team members. We pride ourselves on developing innovative, effective, and highly scalable systems and processes to enable our workforce to design and operate the factory of the future, employing additive manufacturing technologies to build the world's most bad ass rockets. We foster and encourage growth, hold each other accountable, and collaborate extensively with our peers to provide best of breed services and infrastructure to our stakeholders, who happen to be a group of extraordinarily talented, committed, and hyper-achieving set of the greatest minds and people to work with on the planet.
What you’ll do:
To help us support our growing 3D printing capabilities and rocket manufacturing, as a Senior DevOps Engineer at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s Information technology team to support our rapid growth across multiple sites. (Cloud and On-Prem)
- Ensure continued up-time on our services, processes, and infrastructure throughout the company and across all of our sites.
- Develop roadmaps for automated software deployments across the company.
- Employ your systems knowledge to triage problems and tune resource usage.
- Champion automation to reduce toil and increase development velocity.
- Helping define and instrument Service-Level Objectives.
- Leveraging Configuration Management to build and maintain consistency across services.
- Apply everything-as-code methodologies across configuration, infrastructure, orchestration, and elsewhere.
- Ensure we continue to implement and follow best practices across our systems and infrastructure to achieve our mission and goals.
What you need to know:
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience as a Senior DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineer, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environments at a technology company. Prior experience in managing cloud environments, containers, CI/CD pipelines, and a deep passion for hands-on technical problem solving are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field to include one of the following (computer science, computer information systems, engineering, enterprise systems administration, etc.) and 5+ years of experience in systems engineering
- Expert knowledge of container management and deployments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Heavy background in Unix System Administration (Upgrades, Patching, and Backups)
- Expert knowledge of managing CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with Agile Development processes
- Heavy background in AWS
- Scripting experience in Python (Preferred), Perl, or Bash
- Strong experience with VMware
- Strong knowledge of Distributed Systems (architectures, micro-services, high-availability, elections)
- Strong knowledge of Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Puppet)
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Services and Architecture (AWS (preferred), Azure)
- Heavy familiarity with Proxies and Load Balancing (Nginx, HAProxy, AWS ELB)
- Extensive experience with Monitoring Tools (Sensu, Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic)
- Proficiency with Logging and Log Analysis
- Strong knowledge of Source Control (GitHub Enterprise, Perforce, GitLab)
- Strong familiarity with Terraform
- Heavy experience with Atlassian tools
Nice to haves but not required:
- Expert knowledge or certification for AWS cloud administration
- Experience working with Rancher container management (preferably in a cloud / on-prem hybrid environment)
- Experience working with Ansible or Puppet
- Strong familiarity with GitLab
- Experience working in cloud / on-prem hybrid environment
- Experience working with jFrog Artifactory
- Strong familiarity with secrets management
- Experience working with HashiCorp Vault
- Experience working with Packer
- Experience working with Splunk
- Strong experience working with internal customers gathering system requirements.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.