Senior DevOps Engineer at FabFitFun, Inc.
At the same time, this is really a hybrid backend engineer / devops role. The ideal candidate is proficient in Ansible and Terraform and has experience configuring and automating CI/CD as well as setting up servers in the cloud. But this is also developer role with an opportunity to make key contributions to the business.
Our technology stack spans many databases and environments. We integrate with several data platforms including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Memcached, Redis, ElasticSearch. We move data between AWS S3, Linux servers, HDFS, and various cloud services. Meanwhile, our legacy platform is being rewritten in Java and React. Familiarity with at least some of these technologies is strongly desired.
- Work closely with all Engineering Teams to implement best deployment practices
- Collaborate with Data Team to support their DevOps needs
- Contribute to the DevOps as a part of development not a service to development culture
- Manage AWS-based infrastructure
- Manage third party integrations with infrastructure services (i.e. Alooma)
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent focus
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with AWS Infrastructure, especially Elastic Beanstalk and Aurora
- Strong Shell scripting knowledge
- Experience with OO programming languages such as Java
- Bonus Points: Production experience with Terraform, Kubernetes, or Docker
What you'll get:
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks
- Free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store