Senior Design Architect
Virgin Hyperloop One is seeking a dynamic, highly-motivated individual to play a leading role in shaping and implementing the vision of hyperloop passenger and cargo portals (stations). At the forefront of our pursuit we aim to create hyperloop networks that redefine the travel experience while integrating seamlessly into existing transportation systems and mobility solutions
- Engage with VHO’s hardware and software development teams to understand our technology and how it can be integrated within cities to create a seamless and unique user experience.
- Redefine technical requirements from typical transportation facilities to incorporate VHO’s vision of providing on demand, seamless, and enjoyable travel.
- Develop functional and technical requirements for portal design for feasibility studies and progressing through all engineering design phases.
- Work collaboratively with our global AEC partners to ensure design deliverables align with VHO’s product and corporate vision.
- Produce inspiring visualizations / illustrations for presentations to customers, public authorities and project partners.
- Manage budget and schedule of project-based architectural consultants.
- Engage with VHO’s Creative Director, Art Director and other marketing teams to understand brand and style guidelines while collaborating on visual and aesthetic strategy.
- Work collaboratively with our project leads and global project teams to ensure VHO design requirements are developed for regional requirements. Support and interface with regions as required to ensure high quality project design deliverables align with VHO’s product and corporate vision.
- Inventive and imaginative.
- Strong conceptual sketching and fundamental design skills.
- Thrive working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Quick to understand new technical concepts.
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize complex work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Results oriented with the ability to consistently produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years of architectural design experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or similar.
- Demonstrated experience preparing design documentation for all phases of project delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in design and production of complex 3D models.
- Experience producing architecture deliverables on large-scale projects ($500M or more)—transit and/or aviation experience strongly desired.
- Familiarity with operations, maintenance, and fire and life safety requirements for transportation facilities.
- International design standard experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp or other modeling software strongly desired.
- Additional knowledge of programming languages and Revit API programming is a plus.
- Proficiency in 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or C4D desired.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.