Senior Cost Engineer
You will be a part of the Manufacturing Process Development team who is responsible for defining how Hyperloop sub-systems are produced from early prototyping to mass production. You will work with process engineers to develop, execute and refine robust cost models for manufacturing Hyperloop sub-system hardware.
- Work daily with manufacturing and design engineers to understand the most up-to-date product and manufacturing process information to create and maintain the most accurate and up-to-date manufacturing cost models of Hyperloop hardware sub-systems
- Develop & maintain department and company cost standards, assumptions and databases for cost information such as labor rates, raw material costs, overhead costs, etc.
- Drive development and improvement of the costing software platform to ensure data is best utilized and shared cross-company. Ensure future capability and integration with other software systems.
- Evaluate vendor bids to determine validity
- Roll-up component and sub-system costs and provide regular manufacturing cost reports, presentations and updates to vested parties
- Create standard documentation on how cost model calculations work, sources for information and assumptions made
- Work with business, engineering and procurement teams to develop cost targets, implement targets and track progress
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to make logical & reasonable assumptions
- Able to relate and present to executives, engineers and technicians
- Excellent communicator, organized, self-directed, attention to detail and possesses good judgment
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities & projects
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced cost estimator or cost engineer who has built or improved manufacturing cost models
- Ability to build cost modeling tools using Excel and/or other tools
- Experience with standard industry cost methodology, manufacturing cost principles and estimation techniques
- B.S. or higher in Project Management, Business, Finance, Cost Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of previous experience in cost engineering, cost estimation, manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment and a high-level understanding of a wide variety of manufacturing processes
- Experience with financial analysis, capital depreciation, ROI, amortization models
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.