Senior C++ Software Engineer
The Senior C++ Software Engineer will be part of the Modeling & Simulation (M&S) Team under the Machine Intelligence & Analytics (MI&A) Department within the Software Engineering Division. The M&S Team is responsible for design and development of the Virgin Hyperloop One simulation system utilized in areas of logistics optimization, control software verification, and system performance analysis. The M&S Team works closely with the rest of the MI&A department to integrate, test, and analyze key algorithms driving the autonomous behavior of the Virgin Hyperloop One Transportation System. Additionally, the M&S Team works with and acts as an interface to the Embedded Systems Departments, ensuring developed algorithms are well matched to compute, control, and sensor systems onboard the Virgin Hyperloop One vehicle.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Virgin Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Design, develop, and continuously improve the Virgin Hyperloop One Fast-Time and Real-Time Software-in-The-Loop (SIL) and Hardware-in-The-Loop (HIL) simulation capabilities.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to design and implement simulation models of various fidelity.
- Work closely with the Embedded Algorithms team to integrate, test, and analyze key software algorithms.
- Work closely with the Data Analytics team to design and develop scalable data selection, visualization, and logging capabilities.
- Work closely with the Embedded Systems Department to integrate MI&A software products into target hardware platform.
- Design and develop software utilities and execution tools to facilitate various simulation deployment strategies.
- Design, update, and maintain design specification and end user documentation.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Collaborate in a fast-changing environment and to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues who range from data scientist, software engineers, DevOps, hardware engineers, and product managers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical / Computer Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Advanced proficiency in C++ / STL and Linux Environment.
- Expert understanding of OOP, SIL/HIL simulation, real-time systems, communication protocols, and testing.
- Industry experience in software and algorithm development using OOP in C++.
- Proven successful experience in developing software solutions.
- MS Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical / Computer Engineering, or equivalent field.
- Experience building large-scaled agent-based modeling and simulation system.
- Experience using simulation development tools such as MATLAB Simulink and ROS.
- Experience with software/hardware integration, real-time systems, communication protocols, test execution, and data analysis.
- Experience with embedded RTOS
- Hands on experience and expertise with cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Strong mathematical foundation in statistics and linear algebra.
- Experience working in a fast-paced research / prototyping environment.
- Experience delivering avionics or other safety critical software products.
- Experience in the aerospace or automotive industries.
- Understanding of transportation systems and operations.
- Understanding of vehicle management systems and fault tolerant systems.
- Ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of increasing scope and complexity.
- Domain expertise and knowledge of transportation, logistics, and autonomous systems.
Virgin Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.