Mission: Your new obsession will be processing live sports data from third-party APIs and creating the services that run our game. The work you do will let our users celebrate the highs and commiserate the lows. It’s the heart of the GreenPark user experience. No big deal.
Languages: We use Go for all of our backend services. Experience with Go is not required but does help. 2 - 3 years experience with any statically typed language (Rust, Java, Scala, C++, etc) and a willingness to learn Go is fine.
Micro-services: We believe in micro-services with sports themed names. You’ll bring a keen sense of humor and ability to find creative new names for the services we require. With the support of our Director, Systems Engineering, you will also be designing and building them, creating clean well thought out APIs.
Containers: The MVP candidate will be comfortable working with tools like Docker and Kubernetes. You’ve worked with automated deployments like CircleCI. You have experience with cloud-based services, ideally Google Cloud.
Team: You will be reporting to our Director, Systems Engineering. You’ll work closely with the front-end developers to ensure the APIs are performing and delivering the data required and our game designers to implement game rules.
Interview: Contribute to interviews of new team members for both technical ability and culture fit.
- Documentation: All team members are expected to maintain our architectural documents and good coding practices.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing locations - LA (Remote due to COVID-19) and SF (Downtown Burlingame/Remote due to COVID-19).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.