We are a 200+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people’s lives better every day.
About the Role
The Platform team builds and maintains core APIs and services that powers multiple products and internal systems within GoodRx. Our tech stack is a mix of Go and Python and open source technologies such as gRPC, Gin, Protobuf, Envoy and Airflow, among many others.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for taking ownership of components and ensuring they are running smoothly and reliably in production while iterating on new features. You’ll also be involved in the design, implementation and deployment of new APIs and systems needed to support new product functionality.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in distributed systems, and have experience scaling low latency high throughput systems. You should also be comfortable learning new technologies as needed.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly scalable and performant services
- Work on scaling existing services to keep up with growth
- Help improve engineering standards and processes
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in either Go and/or Python
- Enjoy and have experience building scalable, performant, and reliable APIs and services
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Are comfortable within command line environment
- Know your way around a relational database system
- Can take complex project requirements and turn it into a detailed technical implementation plan
- Have experience with deploying systems to cloud providers (such as AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
GoodRx is America’s leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.