Senior Back-End Engineer, Serving at System1
The Role You Will Have
- Build new distributed platforms from the ground up that focus on ad serving.
- Continually optimize our platforms to meet ambitious goals.
- Design and implement algorithms to efficiently process, analyze, and serve massive datasets to enable product recommendations and user engagement.
- Build, operate, and optimize large web-based systems and platforms that interface directly with real-time scoring models and support various optimization algorithms that are multi-objective in nature.
- Process user engagement data, product feeds, and APIs in real-time/near real-time and integrate with ML models that power the products.
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience in back-end or full stack development.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Well versed with Python and Python libraries/frameworks is required.
- Passion for leveraging technology to solve problems and maximize productivity.
- Experience building scalable and reliable products in the cloud.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and using RESTful APIs.
- Exposure to ad serving systems and reliability requirements.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment.
What We Have To Offer
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers.
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learningUnlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package.
- Daily catered meals and fully stocked kitchen.
- Bi-weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles.
- Bi-weekly onsite happy hour.
- Catered dinner on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee.