Senior Avionics Software Engineer
Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented Lead/Senior Avionics Software Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will directly work on flight software intended to fly on the Terran 1 launch vehicle. The main responsibility will be to architect and program flight software running on the vehicle which implements guidance, fault-mitigation, and communications services to the vehicle. Additionally, the person filling this role will be responsible for recruiting and hiring additional flight software engineers.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Block Diagrams
- Hands on experience working in the area of flight software for space applications
- Experience with embedded C/C++ or similar language
- Version Control System practices such as Git
- Embedded Linux/RTOS experience
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience with ARM-Cortex based processors
- Real-time processing design
- Experience with embedded operating systems and their kernels
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.