Senior Avionics Integration Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Senior/Lead Avionics Integration Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide avionics integration support for the development of the Terran 1 launch vehicle. The main responsibility will be to ensure the avionics will integrate together as needed to meet vehicle requirements, source and track sensors/actuators on the vehicle, design harnessing for development and flight needs, and develop any software/hardware needed to check-out the vehicle systems. Additionally, this leadership role will also help recruit and build an integration team for the Terran 1 launch vehicle program.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Senior/lead Avionics Integration engineer, you will have a large impact on ensuring the vehicle meets requirements and operates correctly. Integrating a new launch vehicle such as Terran 1 is a challenging and rewarding endeavor that interfaces multiple disciplines throughout the company.
You will lead the integration of avionics hardware throughout vehicle development, testing, and manufacturing for flight. Correctly harnessing avionics together with flight quality designs and manufacturing will set a process up for the design and manufacture of harnessing on the entire vehicle.
Additionally, issues that arise during bring-up of the vehicle will be tracked and fixed with your help. Vehicle sensors and actuators need to be sourced and performance evaluated against requirements. Any necessary hardware/software needed to perform vehicle integration will also be identified and sourced. Additionally, you will be recruiting members of an integration team here at Relativity Space.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Electrical, Computer, Software, or Aerospace engineering or related field and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Hands on experience working in the area of avionics integration for space applications
- Experience designing harnesses for space applications
- Experience sourcing and integration flight sensors and actuators for a launch vehicle
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Programming in language such as Python
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Cross-team and discipline work integrating hardware, software, and tracking requirements of a launch vehicle
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description